Patient Care Services
Our Pharmacy Care Team
Town Drug has been servicing the New York Community since 1982. Our pharmacy programs and practices have been revolutionized through years of experience to deliver high-quality patient care.
Our team of pharmacists, technicians, reimbursement specialists, and clinical pharmacist consultants are dedicated to giving patients the tools they need to manage their health and their life.
Ace Adherence Program
Life can be challenging. Our clinical team will give you a quick call reminding you of your medication refills and give get an opportunity to discuss any issues you may be experiencing with your medications. We’ll also help you with:
Prescription Renewals - Let us do the work for you! We’ll reach out to your doctor to request new prescriptions and make sure you have your medications on time.
New Medication Counseling - We’ll go over everything to get you prepared to start your new therapy such as the best way to take your medication, what your medications are for, potential side effects, and answer any questions you may have.
Provider Collaboration - Coordination between prescriber, patient, caregivers, pharmacist and other providers is established at the start of therapy. Sharing of information and the management of therapy among all parties.
Adherence tools - Our team offers compliance tools such as multi-dose packaging to help patients adhere to their medication therapy regimen as well as telephone outreaches by our clinical staff.
Medication Synchronization - Med-Synch allows for all of Patient’s medications to be filled on the same day at each fill making med access easier and more convenient for the patient; resulting in greater med-possession rates for greater adherence.
Delivery Throughout all 5 Boroughs
We know how difficult it can be for some people to get to the pharmacy. Town Drug will deliver patient’s medications to the hospitals or home for timely access and no disruptions in their medication treatment.
The Virtual Pharmacist
Can’t come into the pharmacy? Our technology can help link you with a pharmacist for a free virtual face-to face medication therapy management session. We’ll review each of your medications and ensure you’re comfortable with your current medication regimen to help manage chronic conditions.
Med to Bed Program
Program crafted to help patients make the transition from hospital to home easier and avoid hospital re-admission. We provide the following:
- Provide Patient Counseling at time of discharge as needed
- Patient follow-up within 72 hours of discharge or sooner if needed
- Patient Assessments to determine the need for additional follow-up and also the frequency of interaction
- Monthly or as needed contact with the patient to assess medication compliance and/or issues the patient may have with their drug regimen
- Dashboards listing the pharmacist's evaluation of the patient's adherence to their medication regimen provided to the prescriber or other healthcare professionals involved in the care
- Collaboration with discharge planners to assure the mediation regimen is consistent with what was prescribed in the hospital too so that the transition from the hospital to the community is accurate preventing readmission
- Synchronized the patient's medication regimen to assure that all of the prescriptions are refillable at the same time
- Special adherence packaging to assure ease of administration of medications
HIV Care Plan
Program to help HIV patients set goals, identify actions needed to achieve goals, and provide support to complete Care Plan.
Program dedicated to help OBGYN patients manage high blood pressure to avoid complications that may arise during pregnancy. This care plan includes teaching patients how to use blood pressure monitor, interpret results, and help patients maintain treatment adherence.