Patient Care Services
Our Pharmacy Care Team
Town Drug has been servicing the New York Community since 1982. Our pharmacy programs and practices have been revolutionized through years of experience to deliver high-quality patient care.
Our team of pharmacists, technicians, reimbursement specialists, and clinical pharmacist consultants are dedicated to giving patients the tools they need to manage their health and their life.
Clinical Pharmacist Consultation
We believe in optimizing drug therapy, improving therapeutic outcomes, and emphasizing adherence for our patients. Our in house clinical pharmacists support drug therapy management in high risk patients and assists in promoting health and wellness in our community.
Coordination between prescriber, patient, caregivers, pharmacist and other providers is established at the start of therapy. Sharing of information and the management of therapy among all parties.
Our team offers compliance tools such as multi-dose packaging to help patients adhere to their medication therapy regimen as well as telephone outreaches by our clinical staff.
Med-Synch allows for all of Patient’s medications to be filled on the same day at each fill making med access easier and more convenient for the patient; resulting in greater med-possession rates for greater adherence.
Delivery Throughout all 5 Boroughs
We know how difficult it can be for some people to get to the pharmacy; Town Drug will deliver patient’s medications to the hospitals or home for timely access and no disruptions in their medication treatment.
Patient Medication Programs
1. Provide Patient Counseling at time of discharge as needed
2. Patient follow-up within 72 hours of discharge or sooner if needed
3. Patient Assessments to determine the need for additional followup and also the frequency of interaction
4. Monthly or as needed contact with the patient to assess medication compliance and/or issues the patient may have with their drug regimen
5. Dashboards listing the pharmacist's evaluation of the patient's adherence to their medication regimen provided to the prescriber or other healthcare professionals involved in the care
6. Collaboration with discharge planners to assure the mediation regimen is consistent with what was prescribed in the hospital too so that the transition from the hospital to the community is accurate preventing readmission
7. Synchronized the patient's medication regimen to assure that all of the prescriptions are refillable at the same time
8. Special adherence packaging to assure ease of administration of medications